Forum OpenACS Development: default master in iframe

Hi all,

I'm facing the following problem:

I have a page composed by 3 iframes (similar to LORS), and in one of the iframes I display a forum or assessment or LORS or whatever, but I want to use my own template (not the dotlrn-master one), because I don't want the tabs of dotlrn to be displayed.

I already did a customized template and if I include it manually in the "forum-view.adp", for instance, the tabs are not displayed. I have all the files in the same dir and the template is named "master.adp and .tcl". I also know that the tempalte is determined by the DefaultMaster param of the Main Site, but I don't want to change this param because it will affect all the site.

Is there a way to set this param for the curren session only? or is there a different way to achieve this?

Besides, there is the option to get the HTML and parse it, replacing the "master" with something like 'master src="path"', but I guess there must be a cleaner/better way to do it.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
jopez

Collapse
Posted by Gary Roesler on
If the package or packages are setup under a subsite then you can have a different template for the theme.
Collapse
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
Thanks Gary, but I don't want to change the subsite template nor the theme. The package is part of dotLRN and it will be one more package in the community.

I would like to use the theme with tabs (or selva or kelp or another one), but only when the forums (or assessment or another package) is called from my package (inside an iframe) I wan it to use my own template and not the default master one.

TIA

Collapse
Posted by Hector Amado on
Hi Jose Pablo,

In oacs-5-2 you have in DefaultMaster param the value "/packages/dotlrn/www/dotlrn-master-custom", with this file you can get the idea to replace the master.

You can set a site-template for each user, maybe you can change the site-template when you are inside your application and restore the old site-template when you exit.

Each community has its own template too.

Regards,
Héctor
Collapse
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on

Thanks Héctor, that seems to be a good idea =).. I'll just wait if there is no problem with my other solution, since it would work not only for the IMS-LD package but for LORS too.

Kind regards!