Forum OpenACS Development: Discussion Forum Alerts and What's New Page

I have been switching back and forth now between instant OpenACS Bboard alerts and daily digests and I find both a bit unsatisfactory. My preference is that I don't want to be alerted of every single posting and if I do get alerted I want the thread structure to be preserved (it's hard to read a posting when it's outside its thread context). What is the state of migration to the new OpenACS website? I suppose and hope that we will be moving to dotLRN forums? I occured to me that I would find a page like the following very useful:

URL: https://openacs.org/forums/whats-new?since_hours=5&
important_posters=dhogaza@pacifier.com,ben@mit.edu,lars@pinds.com

Page layout:

New Postings in Threads That You Started

New Threads

New Postings in Old Threads

New Postings by Don Baccus

New Postings by Ben Adida

New Postings by Lars Pind

Of course, a page like this could also be emailed out, that might actually be preferable. What do you guys think about this? Are we migrating to forums in the near future or should I implement a page like this for whatever Bboard version we are currently using?

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
Hi Peter!

I dont have an opinion about the alerts since I always browse the postings directly on the web...

But, I should let you know that Roberto Mello, Dave Bauer and myself are currently actively working on the migration of users, bboard topics, threads and alerts (as well as most of the contents) over to the new site.

Our deadline is August 12 (2002😉), just in time for Linux World, but we may "flick the switch" earlier than that.

And yes, we will use the new forums package.