Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: dotFOLIO Progress

Collapse
8: Re: dotFOLIO Progress (response to 1)
Posted by Robert Taylor on
... heh, sorry to dig up this old post but ...

i've recently been looking at replacing our domino mail functionality with an imap server of some sort, perhaps even a groupware server.

at the end of the day, i had to categorize what it is exactly that i need. with the proliferation of open source and 'pseudo open source' product such as zimbra and openxchange, i had to decide, do i want a groupware server, application server or just an a web based mail client for imap/pop3 accounts.

it turns out, that we only really need one of the following:

a) roundcube.com - ajaxy web based frontend to imap or pop3 accounts

b) squirrelmail - plain html based frontend to imap or pop3

we will probably end up using squirrelmail with some customization (particularly on the look and feel front) for the time being, but being the nutter that i am, eventually i would love to see something like that as an application on openacs.

if anyone is still working on this in any way, post here and let me know, i'm curious how far the various ideas have come on this front.

in terms of nicks firefox question, i am not exactly certain what to say beyond the fact that firefox is available on every single platform capable of hosting such an application and ie isn't. what we are doing is simply mandating the use of firefox everywhere as you cannot guarantee anyth

by the way, the svg stuff is very neat, i have had in mind to work on a adding gantt charts to oacs's project management application - and yes, ie people would be left out.

Collapse
9: Re: Re: dotFOLIO Progress (response to 8)
Posted by Robert Taylor on
bah !!!

ignore this post, it was a reply to another post, in another thread, probably in another forum on this site ...

... i have no idea how it got posted here.

appologies for the confusion.

- rob