Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to New forum suggestions ...

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
I think we could save a lot of time and effort by modifying the fucntionality of the new OACS site in this respect. If we don't we will keep running into this kind of discussions. Not realy a prime example of building community. It also means things that could have been solved in minutes drag on for days, and sometimes are never solved. The current bboard is full of examples.

What if... the next OACS site would feature ALL available modules, irrespective of release ( 3.5 or 4...) as a central playground, and a small group of system administrators, anybody with interesting ideas could have his/her go at things. What I mean is...

During this discussion about end-user bboards, I allready created such a setup on my own site. Isn't it plain stupid, for interested registered users at OACS to duplicate the registration on my Timedesk site. A waste of energy, a waste of time and a waste of resources. We're called open source, but it seems we're pretty closed if it comes to solving simple issues.

keep smiling 😉)