Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to dotLRN applets for Wimpy Point (slim) and Glossary

Thanks Michael, Carl and Caroline !

As this discussion continues, myself and colleagues Adarsh and Ashish are working on these. By next Monday, we should be ready for test-drive !

*Wimpy Point : We will add package_id column for presentations, so it can be scoped appropriately. Carl, your suggestion is very good - We will also provide printer-friendly view of presentation, suitable for printing through browser. I am also experimenting integrating MathML support for Wimpy. We have some bug fixes after which 4.5 Wimpy seems quite stable.

I have impression that the basic dotLRN system is pretty developer-friendly when it comes to integrating an OpenACS package with itself. As long as a package is able to differntiate between data from  different instances, it should be scopable per dotLRN schme of things.

*Glossary : We have csv export/import of glossary.  For XML, we have simple DTD reflecting the data model. Carl, we can use the XML format in the link you provided, but it seems proprietary and IMS is silent on Glossary. May be OpenACS can submit a proposal for Glossary standard to IMS :). For portlet, we'll go ahead and implement Caroline's suggestion.

* IMS Content packaging : I have implemented IMS Question and Test (QTI) but am barely familiar with IMS content packaging/ SCROM. This is really important issue encompassing whole dotLRN e.g. archive of a community/class can be in IMS format. This really deserves a full fledged discussion.