Forum OpenACS Development: QTI Support in LORS

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I see that lors has some support to detect QTI content in an IMS content package and import that QTI into the assessment package.

What I don't see, is any way to delivery the assessment once it has been imported. That is, when a user is viewing LORS content, they should be able to complete the assessment.

Does this feature exist somewhere? If so, where is it? If not, is there any plans to implement it?

Collapse
2: Re: QTI Support in LORS (response to 1)
Posted by Eduardo Pérez on
Yes, there is delivery for assessments.
Did you try it?
You can see it working at:
http://strauss.gast.it.uc3m.es:8020/dotlrn/clubs/test/lorsm/delivery/?man%5fid=27882
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Eduardo, was that assessment created using an automated test? There is a required multiple choice questions in one of the sections without any answers. Would like to fix that bug (it makes it possible for a assessment admin to create a question that makes an assessment impossible to actually take).
Collapse
3: Re: QTI Support in LORS (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Interesting.

I see it checks the href for this:

# get already imported data (like an assessment)
# it normally points relatively to the correct location in some parent folder
if {[regexp {^\.\.} $href]} {
ad_returnredirect $href
}

I am working on a slightly more flexible system, that will allow wrapping the outside data in the LORS delivery more completly, by using includes.

Another thing I added to the delivery was to detect /o/${object_id} urls which should be a little more flexible than the relative URL check that currently exists.

This allows us to include pretty much any object in LORS. The next step is to write a callback to allow exporting of this content in IMS format. For example, this will allow displaying Wiki content under a course, and that could be exported as HTML.

The other new capability I am currently working on is sequencing individual assessment sections within a LORS course, allowing content or other activities between the sections of one assessment.

All this is experimental and is changing every day. I am putting this work in CVS HEAD.