Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Why is ad_parameter deprecated?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Quite clearly, in the thread which you yourself started when you asked "should I put my procs under namespaces or not?" Don confirmed Yon's yes answer, and they're not the only ones.
That was in regard to new development, you twit. By definition if the development in question is new you're not using its API so you have no code to change.

No one's proposing changing the entire ad_* API to use namespaces. If you'd been paying attention you'd see that I just recently added a set of procs for form handling, primarily "ad_form", that wasn't built around namespaces.

The OF folks made some incremental improvements to the parameter API. Incremental improvements are not a sin. Communication could've been better, maybe and advance "will people kill me if I ..." note so they'd know how people felt, but overall there's really nothing to complain about here.

And there's certainly no cause for you to extrapolate this into some horror story of toolkit-wide gratuitous renaming just to make your life miserable.