Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Different look of every instance of given package

Hi Stephen,

Glad to hear the someone is also concerned about the consistency of the HTML. I had to do a lot of this with bboard, ticket-tracker lite and file-storage. Because I had one project that need multi instance of this.

Just like you I initally thought of <sectionheader>, <loginwidget> and <sortabletable>. But that would break existing things. So why now just plain XHTML, since that is what we get anyway after the package passes control to the subsite template. Also at least the CSS option of changing the look is there w/o performance problem.

For example <loginwidget> can be just

<form class="loginform">
<table>
<tr>
<td class="label">email</td>

<td class="datainput"><input type=text></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

Since loginform will always be the same coming out of /register we change drastically the look from one subsite to another. Like making the form have the email and password side by side. And have another instance the email and password is on top of one another. The input HTML is always the same structure so we can process it easily.

Anyway me, DavB and DonB have a little chit chat. I think its best to hold on with the idea until we can come up something substantial. I will definitely ask help from you once its there.