Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Different look of every instance of given package

<blockquote><i>Marcin, if you have a package mounted at /subsite/notes then any files you place in the filesystem at ${acs_root_dir}/www/subsite/notes will overide files from the package directory ${acs_root_dir}/packages/notes/www.
<p>
Unfortunately there's a bug so you cannot just overide the adp page of a tcl/adp pair, you will have to copy both to the new location and then modify the adp page and/or the tcl</i></blockquote>
Interesting ... for Greenpeace I wrote a "gp_return_template" that does a little regexp magic to massage ad_conn file into a path to a magic directory tree that is exploded into a NRO (greenpeace germany etc) package path.  It looks for a template there then returns it instead of the default one if it finds it.
<p>
Something similar in ad_return_template would probably make the trick Stephen mentions work without having to move a copy of the tcl file over.
<p>That's an interesting low-tech approach to solving the specific problem mentioned by Marcel.  Any comments?
<p>As far as extending acs-templating in ways so that we can define sitewide styles for things like tables, toolbar widgets and stuff, it's needed.  Lars Pind has done some thinking about this, too, maybe he'll chip in.