Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to Request for Comment: dotLRN Technology Governance

# yes, new-portal and the portal wrappers belong in OpenACS (and in fact, we're in the process of rolling them back in the next few days).
Reading this you'd never guess that Ben fought me on this issue for three solid days, as I mentioned above. In fact he argued strenously that the portals package doesn't belong, that indeed it was a horrible idea. That the best decision was to keep new developer-oriented pieces like this in dotLRN rather than OpenACS.

The argument was so distasteful that I couldn't bring myself to raise the issue of package portlets.

Just for the goddamned record.

Why is this relevant? Because I know that Al;s vision is that there would be some OpenACS representation on the TAB. Explicitly because the two projects need to coordinate.

Ben mentions having three engineers from Sloan, Berklee, and University of Heidelberg on the TAB. An earlier version supplemented that with two Open Force engineers. Neither includes neutral OpenACS representation. Whatever else shakes there's got to be such representation on the TAB.