Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to Request for Comment: dotLRN Technology Governance

Ben ... I appreciate your seeking closure on the issue. I'm not trying to flog a dead horse here but would like to add a clarification.
It is my belief that 3 committees of people with wildly varying goals trying to manage a small kernel of code is a recipe for disaster.
If it were just a matter of managing the code, yes, I'd agree.

But clearly we're talking about more than that. We explicitly are tackling the issue of marketing as well - marketing in the broadest sense (in the sense that has led us to decide on having an "evangelism" rather than "marketing" forum for the new openacs.org site). And fund-raising. And the issue of giving funders a voice in how the software they fund gets presented to the world.

Anyway ... I'd like to congratulate you and Al for having spawned a thread that eclipsed our recent thread on the graphic design of the new openacs.org both in intensity and length. Though that thread included more posts with inline graphics. If it weren't for Lars we would've been skunked in that category here.

I didn't think it was possible.

Though that thread included more posts with inline graphics. If it weren't for Lars we would've been skunked in that category here.