Forum OpenACS Development: OpenACS and Opera 9.0

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Today, i installed opera 9.0 on my notebook, and discovered, that both RTE and xinha don't work with it. If rich text editing turned on, one cannot even post a message to a forum (like with safari, not long ago). Additionally, opera has problems with mktree.js: in opera, it was showing multiple +/- signs for collapsed/opened items.

both issues were quite easy to fix, i have commited the changes both to oacs-5-2 and head. It might be a good idea to included these changes in the forthcoming dotlrn release.

-gustaf

Collapse
2: Re: OpenACS and Opera 9.0 (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
The decision was already made to not support Opera in .LRN 2.2. Do we know that this is the only problem?

It would require sneaking another 5.2.3 tarball into our download repository without our normal alpha-beta cycle, which I don't really care for. We did it once for Safari, if .LRN folks decide to revert the decision not to support Opera I'll do it again.

But we NEED TO STOP ADDING CODE TO 5.2.

It's the branch that never dies. Someone hand me a stake to drive through its heart, please!

Collapse
don,

some people might find the patch useful. opera is quite a nice and fast browser, we have a couple of people using it here. Still, Opera is unsupported as before, it just happens to work a little better...

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
The problem is the need to release yet another stealth 5.2.3 tarball without going through our normal release process.

As I said above, though, it's not really my decision. If the 2.2 release group as a whole wants to include it and if the OCT agrees to another stealth 5.2.3 tarball, we can do it.

What else doesn't work with Opera? If we still have Opera issues I personally would prefer we not go through the 5.2.3 stealth tarball shennanigans again and concentrate on making .LRN work well with Opera in the future.

Collapse
5: Re: OpenACS and Opera 9.0 (response to 4)
Opera appears to work well with openacs now. It does not support the rich text exitors (like Safari). After the recent update, even the xowiki category tree looks nice....