Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Embedding xowiki portlets in different packages

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
The edit script is using ad_form and is called multiple times with different states. in order to provide e.g. the pretty name, one needs the page name, which is not available when one creates for example a new page. to make life easier for you, i have made a small change to edit.tcl and the form-procs to support the return_url. I have not tested intensively, but it seems to work.

as i wrote before, i hope to be able to come with a better approach in the not to distant future. Currently i am completely under water with a book project..

-gustaf

Thank you both for your replies. I was aware of the changes indicated by Hamilton (I omitted those for brevity). And I rebooted the server a couple of times which, I understand, should be as good as reloading the files... isn't it?

Anyway, thanks again. I will try those changes during the weekend.

-pablo.

restarting the server is certainly reloading the files. the faster approach is to go to the package manager and press reload changed files, this is however just necessary, when files in /packagename/tcl/ are altered.
I just made another enhancement to pass return_url correctly for PageInstances (of PageTemplates) as well. life is for those more complicated, since multiple forms are involved. please get the update from cvs, and pass the return_url to edit.tcl.
Just a quick note to let you know that I added your changes and it seems to be working perfectly. Thank you!

We will keep an eye on it and report any problems we find during testing.

--
Pablo.