Forum OpenACS Development: delete package

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
I tried to delete a package and got this sql error.
I found a forum about:
https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=95539

Can you please dismistified this phrase?

Now that we have APM callbacks I set up my packages to delete their data in a before-uninstantiate Tcl callback. That way the sql drop scripts are easier to write as they don't need to concern themselves with tearing down data.

Collapse
2: Re: delete package (response to 1)
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
With callbacks you are moving the problem of clearing the package's data from the sql layer to the tcl layer, wich is supposedly more flexible and easyer.
Collapse
3: Re: delete package (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Using the delete with a callback mechanism should be used the moment we are dealing with items in the content repository, as you could easily clean up in TCL all the things that you generated in TCL in the first place :).

I have to say though that noone bothered so far to write delete scripts for contacts (that never came up), so I am not sure.

If you have some time, we can meet on IRC and I can give you a quick rundown what to write (roughly) in the "delete" callback for contacts and then you could write and test it yourself iuri. If you feel comfortable with OpenACS development, that is. And it would make sense during the bug stomp next week.

Collapse
4: Re: Re: delete package (response to 3)
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
That sounds great to me. I was wondering to watch and learn but now I will participate on the next bug stomp

I'm free, just let me know when you be available. I'm in Brazil. My timezone is GMT-03:00.