Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Re: Re: Re: help for search package

Collapse
Posted by David Spanberger on
Yes, the search package is mounted.

I looked at the reindex procedure of xowiki.
I tried to use this command:

search::queue -object_id $object_id -event INSERT

for the object_id I took the object_ids of the table "acs_objects"

Now I can search through the forums package too. But I don't find anything in the file_storage.

Any ideas?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
You did the search::queue ... INSERT for the items in the file store, you installed the search_content_filter above, you are sure it is called and works without errors?
Collapse
Posted by David Spanberger on
I did this insert for all object_ids in the acs_objects table.

No, I didn't installed the changed filter. I wanted to have a working search before I change the tcl files.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Without the filter (or some other possbile approaches), the file contents are not accessed. I would not insert all acs_objects into the queue: for some content it makes sense to index based on the item_id, for others based on the revision_id (both are acs_objects). notice, that also user_ids or package ids are acs_objects, so the indexer won't be able to do anything with this. maybe insert everything into the queue does not hurt, but i certainly would not do this for testing on a system with some content.

try to understand, what the FtsContentProvider service contract is about, and how the datasource works (again, you might check our xowiki, or various other packages)