Forum OpenACS Q&A: OCT meeting summary (16/aug/06)

This was the agenda:

- Bug-stomp: increased participation from the community!
Results will be summarized by Victor soon.
Next will focus on automated tests (as before) and cleaning up the bug-tracker, which means review, discuss, fix, apply patches, etc. to each bug reported for acs-core. Non-simple bugs should have a test case done, so we can reproduce the bug and then fix it. In general, test cases should be written to test important things, not simple typos or so.
Next bug-stomp will happen 31/aug-1/sep (one week delay this time since Galileo cannot participate next week)

- Test server, UNED & Malte will report progress soon.

- SVN (status, Nick reports)
Nick will be working on it (and hopefully finish the process) during the next bug-stomp.

- New CVS / commit guidelines, Malte will post progress.

- openacs.org company list: draft proposal discussed
We came with some basic Goals: Encourage involvement, Show appreciation, make new people aware that worldwide commercial support exists.
The big question remains, how to achieve them? And move forward the project.
Company list will be trimmed after august 2006.
Focus will continue in quality assurance (automated testing & bug-fixing)

- oacs 5.3 planning (follow-up, merge status, others)
5.2 was merged to HEAD early this summer or late spring
.LRN 2.2 was merged to HEAD recently (all packages in that set on the 5.2 branch are marked openacs-5-2-compat)
Planning will be discussed after next bug-stomp, and we actually need to review, classify bugs and decide what goes in and out.

Delayed for next meeting:

- TIP #100
- oacs 6.x initial plan discussion (this until after 5.3 release)
- Coding Standards (follow-up)

Previous summary: https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message%5fid=471895
Participants: don, dave, victor, caroline, roc

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
BTW, I won't be able to attend to the next 3 meetings (I have 2 e-learning conferences and a meeting). Someone will have to follow-up the pending issues and write & post minutes. I'll be back on this the 13/sep.