Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN/OpenACS Fall Meeting in Boston: Call for Abstracts (and Volunteers)

I will help with organization (after e-lane meeting first week of september). We should set up an organization committee.
The first day, as you say, should focus on e-learning / community stuff, that will bring more attention to event, which is good for the project. Is about technologies only (Educational/Community Web Applications) or is more general (e-learning and online communities)?. I would like to help in have a formal organization, call for papers, evaluation and selection of presentations, etc.

The second day can be more specific-technical discussions about .LRN & OpenACS, as you said, and if I understand well, even other web technologies. Also there is Call for discussion / working sessions.

Maybe september for the call of papers, etc., and october to review, acceptance and deliver of accepted works.

I will mail to some contacts I have at e-learning magazines, discussion groups, etc., so we should expect good number of people.

Hacking days can be openly organized through the forums, someone has to take the lead.

Ok, just a few ideas...