Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Cannot install tDOM0.8.0 for aolserver 40r10

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Ashwin,

There is a misplaced single quote (hard to spot) in the .m4 files that causes a problem with some shells (e.g. newer bash in linux distros) at different places. A really ugly bug. As a TEA compliant packacge, tdom uses the tcl.m4-file as the source for configure, so the bug manifests itself there although this is not a tdom bug). The following patch should solve the problem:

-gustaf

*** configure.orig      Tue Sep  5 08:39:52 2006
--- configure   Tue Sep  5 08:39:18 2006
*** 4285,4291 ****
            # results, and the version is kept in special file).

if test -r /etc/.relid -a "X`uname -n`" = "X`uname -s`" ; then
!               system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print }' /etc/.relid'`
            fi
            if test "`uname -s`" = "AIX" ; then
                system=AIX-`uname -v`.`uname -r`
--- 4285,4291 ----
            # results, and the version is kept in special file).

if test -r /etc/.relid -a "X`uname -n`" = "X`uname -s`" ; then
!               system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print }' /etc/.relid`
            fi
            if test "`uname -s`" = "AIX" ; then
                system=AIX-`uname -v`.`uname -r`

Collapse
Posted by Darren Nye on
Gustaf,

Thank you for helping us out.

I was also having this problem, and noticed that tcl.m4 was located in four places on my SuSE 10.1 server (running on athlon 64):

/usr/local/src/aolserver40r10/tDOM-0.8.0/extensions/example/tcl.m4
/usr/local/src/aolserver40r10/tDOM-0.8.0/tclconfig/tcl.m4
/usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.14/config/tcl.m4

The one in the example folder, had two areas where there was a misplaced quote. The one in tclconfig only had one area. The tcl.m4 in config, didn't have any matches. Here is what I changed - but note that in the original files, the |print ] was actually |print $3]

# ORIGINAL
# system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print $3}' /etc/.relid'`

# NEW
system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print $3}' /etc/.relid`

However even after making the changes, I am still getting the same error as originally noted, and pasted below.

checking system version (for dynamic loading)... ../configure: line 6740: syntax error near unexpected token `('
../configure: line 6740: ` ac_cv_c_aolserver=`(cd ${with_aolserver}; pwd)`'

Another point of interest -- even if I add an extra line to the code, the error is always at line 6740. I'm not sure if this means anything?

I'm not sure if there is maybe another tcl.m4 somewhere, which contains the actual file I should be editing? But searching didn't turn another one up. Or am I supposed to repeat other steps rather than:

../configure --enable-threads --disable-tdomalloc --prefix=/usr/local/aolserver40r10 --with-tcl=/usr/local/lib

Any help would be greatly appreciated!