Forum OpenACS Development: Re: XoWiki 0.36

Collapse
30: Re: XoWiki 0.36 (response to 29)
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Just to follow up on my own observations above, I've found a couple of issues with the styling of xowiki. The first is that it seems to be unconditionally including the generic lists.css and this wipes out any changes folks may have made to list formatting/colors on their sites. I'm just getting started with the package and haven't done anything with xotcl yet but it looks like this is happening in Page's header_stuff proc.

Also, the basic xowiki.css includes this line:

table, td {font: 10px 'Lucida Grande', Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: #000;}

which sets a base font size for all text in tables. This does not play nicely with the rest of the CSS on my site or on openacs.org. Check out https://openacs.org/xowiki/ and notice how the fonts in the top nav become illegible. This same thing happens on my site. Not sure what the best solution is here but I just deleted the line from my local copy of xowiki.css.

There's one other issue I'd like to bring up and it isn't really xowiki specific. Many packages now require their own navigation (admin/edit/etc.) but each one does it a little differently. Bug tracker, PM and Logger each use a different shade of blue/purple in a fat, page wide nav bar. This isn't going to look nice inside very many master templates. Xowiki has a very simple set of links in gray. I actually prefer this style but whatever the preference, shouldn't we handle this a little better, i.e., more uniformly and in a way that can easily be styled by a site's maintainer? We could start by having packages output a simple list of package nav links and style that at the site level. Thoughts?