Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: notes on upgrading dotLRN to 2.2.0a1

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Not being able to accesss a community is fixed when using the function defined in the acs-kernel-create.sql instead of that in the upgrade script.

Now to the attachments issue.

Ok. from what I see during the upgrade I should have permitted the apm to create an attachments instance under /attachments. Since I had attachments installed but no instance of it the new dependency of forums broke the creation and cloning of communities. The problem is, that apm always recommends you to create an instance of some packages under /. Normally you don't need to do that because its not necessary, right? But not in this case.

After creating an instance I got an new error message when creating a community: CommDefaultSiteTemplate_p parameter of dotlrn was missing which should have been installed after upgrade of dotlrn package. I tried to do that manually and it took at least 5 min to create the parameter with apm. I guess this must have been the case during upgrade and a server restart caused this to remain unfinished.

After adding the parameter manually the creation of communties works again.

Now my question is: I would like to make another clean upgrade for a last time before I start checking all the common functionalities of dotlrn. So far I have been using the tarball .LRN 2.2.0 Final. What shall I use this time? HEAD, oacs-5-2 branch?

Greetings,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Which function are you talking about in acs-kernel-create.sql? I would immediately correct this with a new upgrade script...

I highly recommend the oacs-5-2 branch. Obviously all bug fixes will only make it to the branch and not to the tarball until a new release is cut.