Forum .LRN Q&A: install dotlrn...

Collapse
Posted by john zhang on
Dear all,

I've already installed .lrn and oacs successfully, using Postgres 7.4.

Today, I tried to get the most updated .lrn.

But it first told me that my Postgres 7.4 is too old.

So I changed to 8.0.

It says it does not understand the databse.

Ok, then I went to 8.1....

then it says I need more training...

Thank you for installing the Open Architecture Community System (OpenACS), a suite of fully-integrated enterprise-class solutions for collaborative commerce. This is the OpenACS Installer which performs all the steps necessary to get the OpenACS Community System running on your server.

Please read the Release Notes before proceeding to better understand what is contained in this release.

The installer will automatically install the .LRN application after the basic OpenACS tookit has been installed.

For more information about the .LRN application visit the .LRN home page

RDBMS type could not be determined for any pool.

The first step involved in setting up your OpenACS installation is to configure your RDBMS, correctly install a database driver, and configure AOLserver to use it. You can download and install the latest version of the AOLserver Oracle and PostgreSQL drivers from the OpenACS.org Software Page.

Once you're sure everything is installed and configured correctly, restart AOLserver.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

john

Collapse
2: Re: install dotlrn... (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Check the server error log and search for "nspostgres" to find out why the database is not connecting.

If you change the version of PostgreSQL you need to recompile nspostgres with that version.

But first, how did you get the "lasted .LRN". The latest release of .LRN should support PostgreSQL 7.4 and 8.0.

This is the newest release .LRN 2.2.0 https://openacs.org/projects/dotlrn/download/download/dotlrn-2.2.0.tgz?revision_id=468768

Collapse
3: Re: install dotlrn... (response to 1)
Posted by john zhang on
Thank you, Dave! I'll check it out after today's training. I appreciate it your prompt response! :)

Actually, what I did was to cvs all openacs-4 from cvs repository. i thought that would include most recent version of dotlrn (by copying install.xml to openacs-4).....

Collapse
4: Re: install dotlrn... (response to 3)
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Hey John,

The latest version definitely supports Postgres 7.4.7 - we have it running that way right now. If you want the latest version of dotLRN your best bet is to download it from here: https://openacs.org/projects/dotlrn/download/

Matthew

Collapse
5: Re: install dotlrn... (response to 4)
Posted by john zhang on
thanks a lot, Matt!