Forum OpenACS Development: Re: cvs2svn

Collapse
4: Re: cvs2svn (response to 1)
Posted by Lee Denison on
I had a go a this with the latest version of cvs2svn from their subversion repository. I used the --use-cvs flag and made it to pass 9 but then if failed trying to close a bad file descriptor on one of its own databases:

----- pass 9 (CreateDatabasesPass) -----
Finding last CVS revisions for all symbolic names...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn", line 121, in ?
main()
File "cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn", line 113, in main
pass_manager.run(run_options.start_pass, run_options.end_pass)
File "/Volumes/IcyBox/openacs-4/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/pass_manager.py", line 122, in run
the_pass.run(stats_keeper)
File "/Volumes/IcyBox/openacs-4/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/passes.py", line 795, in run
Ctx()._cvs_items_db.close()
File "/Volumes/IcyBox/openacs-4/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/database.py", line 295, in close
self.index_table.close()
File "/Volumes/IcyBox/openacs-4/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/record_table.py", line 226, in close
self.flush()
File "/Volumes/IcyBox/openacs-4/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/record_table.py", line 178, in flush
self.f.flush()
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Collapse
5: Re: cvs2svn (response to 4)
Posted by Hamilton Chua on
I wonder if there is a problem with your hard disk ?
ErrNo 9 seems to be a generic error

[Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
This occurs if your operating system or UNIX filesystem cannot support files larger than 4 GB, and you try to download a file larger than 4 GB. The only way to fix this is to upgrade the operating system. This mostly affects Windows 98 and Windows ME; you will need to use Windows 2000 or Windows XP to download this file. This error can also be caused by filesystem corruption. Run Scandisk and then defragment your hard drive and try again.

Collapse
6: Re: cvs2svn (response to 4)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Very close to success. I cleaned up invalid hisotry entries and got to here

----- pass 9 (OutputPass) -----
Creating new repository '/var/lib/svn/repos'
svnadmin: Repository creation failed
svnadmin: Could not create top-level directory
svnadmin: Can't create directory '/var/lib/svn/repos'
ERROR: Command failed: "svnadmin create --bdb-txn-nosync "/var/lib/svn/repos""

Probably just a permissions error in my install I haven't checked it out yet. Looks promising.