Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to New OpenACS website - Please test!

Collapse
Posted by Staffan Hansson on
Torben,

Your kind post about the missing initial table row has left me in confusion. Am I missing something? The decisive 1 pixel high row is indeed there in our code, I can see it with my own eyes. I'm really spooked here.

After spending way too much time comparing your code with ours and testing them both, I have reached the conclusion that the "magic row" is doing its thing in our developing site code, too. And that's why the index page looks so fine. Unfortunately, the row simply doesn't do the trick on the community page, I figure.

I don't expect that you have actually seen how your code handles the community page. I have; it too doesn't work. And that's what could be expected, for the simple reason that we have already implemented your magic into the code of the developing site. It is far from impossible that I have screwed up while testing, but...

Hopefully you know something that we don't so that you can set us straight. Otherwise we'll just leave it for now, and maybe you can start revising things after we've let go of the project - which will be real soon. We at Polyxena are beginning to feel that we've done what we were supposed to do.

So, we'll just give everybody the chance to point out the areas where we have yet failed to meet their expectations - and to send over any neat and safe design patches that can be easily fitted in with the code without too much trouble - and we'll call it a day.

Also, we've made sure that Dave Bauer has added you to the list of site developers, Torben. You really deserve the credit.