Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to dotLRN Governance

Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
Neophytos: There's plenty of work to be done by TAB and by the gatekeepers. If the people whom you have nominated wish to work on dotLRN, I am sure we will find a way to get them involved. Since Don (and hopefully Ben as kernel gatekeeper) need to manage the technical process, we will let them make the decisions.
Al, thank you for your message. I hope you realize that I'm not doing all of these in order to promote my nominations. It's mostly a matter of the *way* things are done, rather than who will benefit the most from all of these in the end. I said what I had to say and again, I wish you all the best in your efforts and please try to balance everything in the future. I *hope* we've *all* become wiser from all the things that happened past few days. George Seferis (Literature Nobel Laureate , 1963) wrote once that it is easy to walk on the one extreme or the other -- what's difficult is to walk in the middle, steadily.
I have come to the end. I thank you for your patience. I am also grateful that "the bounty of Sweden" has permitted me in the end to feel as if I were "nobody" - understanding this word in the sense that Ulysses gave it when he replied to the Cyclops, Polyphemus: "outiz" - nobody, in that mysterious current which is Greece.

-- George Seferis

[ The quotation has nothing to do with our discussion but I like it so much I wanted to post it :) ]