Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Wanted: suggestions for combining packages

Collapse
Posted by Brad Punt on
Thanks to both of you for taking the time to comment.

I spent some more time today trying to pull together the combination of packages I think I need to deliver on my plans.

I had come to the conclusion that News plus General Comments would be a good start for a community-driven site until I discovered they do not display images uploaded by site visitors/contributors. In fact, it appears none of the packages do this except Photo Album and Wimpy Point. If anyone has modified the News and General Comments packages to display images or if I have simply overlooked a configuration issue, I would appreciate hearing from you.

My next approach was to comb through the Content Mgmt System. It appears it will allow me to modify the News package, and any other package, to meet my needs. Obviously, I will have to bang my head on this package for a few days to try and understand it better. But, at this point I would like to know if the CMS has a future in OpenACS (the forum isn't very active) and I'm wondering if it is a suitable system when the general public are your content contributors rather than a behind-the-scenes publishing/design group.

Thanks again