Forum OpenACS Q&A: ACS startup issue

Collapse
Posted by chris cunningham on
I've been trying to get ACS running for 2 weeks now and keep running into the same issue when I try to start the acs server and try to open in a web browser...

Request Error

invalid command name "ns_sha1"
while executing
"ns_sha1 "[ns_time][ns_rand]$start_clicks$request$tcl_sec_seed""
(procedure "sec_random_token" line 25)
invoked from within
"sec_random_token"
(procedure "ad_assign_session_id" line 6)
invoked from within
"ad_assign_session_id"

I'm running Fedora Core 6 with Oracle 10g, AOLServer 3.4.10 (tcl 8.4.12) and ACS 4.5.0.

Below are the snippets from start up that are causing problems...

[26/Nov/2006:14:48:52][27784.3086928576][-main-] Error: Error sourcing /web/fc6pn/packages/acs-core/security-init.tcl:
invalid command name "ns_sha1"
while executing
"ns_sha1 "[ns_time][ns_rand]$start_clicks$request$tcl_sec_seed""
(procedure "sec_random_token" line 25)
invoked from within
"sec_random_token"
(procedure "populate_secret_tokens_db" line 12)
invoked from within
"populate_secret_tokens_db"
invoked from within
"if { $secret_tokens_exists == 0 } {
populate_secret_tokens_db
}"
(file "/web/fc6pn/packages/acs-core/security-init.tcl" line 365)
invoked from within
"source $__file "

[26/Nov/2006:14:48:52][27784.3086928576][-main-] Notice: Scheduling proc ad_partner_initialize
[26/Nov/2006:14:48:52][27784.3086928576][-main-] Error: tcl: source /web/fc6pn/tcl/ad-redirect.tcl failed: no such set:
NONE
no such set:
while executing
"ns_set size $all_the_redirects"
invoked from within
"if !$ad_redirects_installed_p {
# we haven't done this already
set ad_redirects_installed_p 1

# we could use ad_parameter_section (define..."
(file "/web/fc6pn/tcl/ad-redirect.tcl" line 16)
invoked from within
"source $file"

Has anyone else run into this or does anyone know what may be causing this (these) issue(s)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Collapse
2: Re: ACS startup issue (response to 1)
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Have you compiled and installed all the modules according to the directions? It does not look like you have nssha1 (or at least it's not being loaded by aolserver).
Collapse
3: Re: ACS startup issue (response to 2)
I did a basic "out of the box" install with the addition of nsoracle 2.7 customized for oracle 10g. admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with this set up, but I followed what directions I could find.

Is there a way to check for sure if nssha1 (or any particular module) is compiled and installed correctly?

Also, Is there any specific installation instructions for this particular configuration? I've been piecing it together from several disparate sets that try to explain the installation of each individual component, but nothing wholistic.

Thanks for the help so far, I really appreciate it.

Collapse
4: Re: ACS startup issue (response to 1)
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Regarding Aolserver, check out https://openacs.org/doc/current/aolserver4.html (everything other than the db modules for aolserver should be the same).
Collapse
5: Re: ACS startup issue (response to 4)
Michael - Thanks a ton for the help. You were correct - I didn't have some of the modules compiled and installed.

I also had problems getting the main .tcl config file to source the ad.ini file, so I converted the ad.ini file to a .tcl file and sourced it directly.

I now have a running system that I was able to log into this evening.

Thanks again for the help.