Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Suggested change to the API browser

Collapse
Posted by Jamie Rasmussen on
If anyone wants to try out the function on their machine, I've put up a temporary copy at http://empoweringminds.mle.ie/temp/format_tcl.txt. It isn't as clean as it could be. I added proc hyperlinking for things that looked like AOLserver and OpenACS functions. Of course, not every OpenACS function is defined with ad_proc, so some of the links won't be helpful. I think it might be hard to extract the formatting code from text editors, but if someone finds/writes better regexps I'd be happy to use them.

I know Marc isn't the only one who would prefer no color, so maybe color would be the default but easily turned off. Assuming the hyperlinking works, should that also be configurable? Another reason for turning off the fancy formatting would be speed, though it seems fast enough to me.

Jon - I did see your changes. I'll make sure I'm using the most up-to-date CVS source when I submit my final patch. (Unless someone else wants to make the patch for me. 😊

I'm looking forward to seeing the PDF docs. BTW - does anyone know if the new website will allow visitors to browse the API online?