Forum .LRN Q&A: Strange install stuff under Oracle

Collapse
Posted by Buel Chandler on
Following the dotLRN instructions, I had decided to refresh my test install from some weeks ago. droped/added user, then got current CVS ACS and dotLRN stuff.

kernel bootstrap (1st pass) worked fine. 2nd bootstrap gave me for ACS Service Contract 4.5.1 --

Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors.
        Errors for PACKAGE BODY ACS_SC_IMPL_ALIAS:
        LINE/COL ERROR
        -------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
        47/8  PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
        48/35  PLS-00201: identifier 'DELETE_ALIAS.IMPL_CONTRACT_NAME' must be
            declared

Rest of 2nd pass ok. But on APM package install:

FAQ Portlet 0.1a
ERROR at line 1:
          ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
          ORA-04063: package body "DOTLRN.ACS_SC_IMPL_ALIAS" has errors
          ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
          ORA-06512: at "DOTLRN.ACS_SC_IMPL", line 89
          ORA-06512: at line 14

(twice) + error occured in following as well:

File Storage Portlet 0.1a
Notifications 0.2d and possibly others
<my log file quit on me>

Continued on and dotLRN really wasn't working (user types not showing up, etc)

So, started over and used the acs-service-contract from the ACS tar (4.5) and all worked EXCEPT for ACS Search 4.5 in pass 2, which got

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01403: no data found
ORA-06512: at "DOTLRN.ACS_SC_MSG_TYPE", line 66
ORA-06512: at "DOTLRN.ACS_SC_MSG_TYPE", line 223
ORA-06512: at "DOTLRN.ACS_SC_MSG_TYPE", line 181
ORA-06512: at "DOTLRN.ACS_SC_MSG_TYPE", line 24
ORA-06512: at line 14

APM stuff worked ok, and dotLRN is working (better than it was on 1st rebuild attempt).

Also, I assume the notifications and attachments apps are off the root, not off dotlrn.

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Hi Buel,

Sorry! That first error is my fault. I forgot to edit a couple variable names when I added the acs_sc_impl_alias package to Oracle. It's fixed in CVS now. Thanks for the report.

I'm not sure about the second error (acs_sc_msg_type), but I haven't installed dotlrn yet. In any case, try loading the latest CVS and report back if it still gives you problems.

Collapse
Posted by B. Chandler on
Hi Vinod,

Yes (Thanks), that seems to have cleared things up. My 1st retry failed with some wierd OCI messages after the package & parameter changes for dotLRRN. I was using Konqueror browser on the host linux system (during the APM install part, it didn't show the creation info, just the installed/enabled stuff).

Retried fresh install again using IE from another machine, and the APM messages came out as expected and dotLRN seems to be functioning as expected.

Thanks again!