Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Example Service Contract for bboard (Search/OpenFTS)

Well as far as I know there is in the doc section of the search-module a document with the title called 'How to make an object searchable?' - guidelines.html. However, I think it is not up to date, because the FtsContentProvider is comprised of two abstract operations, namely datasource and url. The datasource operation is documented, but not the url one. I would like to update the guidlines and hand it over for proofreading to Dave or Neophytos (as Neophytos is involved in the OpenFTS development).

I think we should have a look on ht://dig and their documentation. Especially hoe to parameterize the search engine and administer the search algorithms such as soundex etc.

In the guidelines document we should also make the users aware that the indexer will only index new entries and that in order to be able to search for old content a function has to be performed on the desired content.

... well my search on the bboard still doesn't work. Maybe my datasource proc and/or url proc in the bboard_procs is still malfunctioning - although the web interface allows me to bind the service contract without any error messages. Maybe anybody has an idea why that could be...

Cheers, Gregor

P.S.: Just a note. From September 17-20 there will be an IT- and Security-fair in Austria called IFABO we will be there and have a booth where we present OpenACS, and our in house developed GPL licensed Intrusion Detection System called EVENT HORIZON. I have free tickets, so if anybody wants to come, just drop me your address and I send you as many entry passes as you need... if there is some interest we can maybe afterwards hold a small social.