Forum OpenACS Development: Re: OpenACS skinning

Collapse
4: Re: OpenACS skinning (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Malte why not store the skin name in a client property then just have someting like this
link href="/resources/skins/@mailto:skin_name@/lists.css";
link href="/resources/skins/@mailto:skin_name@/forms.css";

You only have to load the client property frm the database if its out of memory and its only a couple of bytes for the name of the skin.

To make it work you just have to grep for CSS and fix the few files that point to a css file. Doesn't seem too hard.

Collapse
6: Re: OpenACS skinning (response to 4)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Loading the client property works for logged in users, but how would this work for not logged in people? This is why I came up with the cookies.

With regards to one single CSS. Yes, absolutely, but this sadly isn't how OpenACS is structured. And I'm not sure to get rid of the myriads of CSS files yet :). But for sure I could do this, generate one large CSS file, and commit this to head, getting rid of all the seperate CSS files.

But maybe there was a reason behind splitting them up (like: Do not lead such a large CSS file all the time?).

Collapse
7: Re: OpenACS skinning (response to 4)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Additionally we have been thinking about providing CSS styles per dotfolio_user. This should be pretty straightforward, just changing the location of storage :). But in this case I could probably just mimik the behaviour of the community based templates in .LRN ?