really backed by code like the moderation feature of the 3.2.5 chat
module. Within bboard it is only used to categorize different kinds
of forums on /bboard/index.tcl...

Within the chat module a moderator can accept, deny and answer posts
via his admin interface. Did anyone enhance bboard with similar
features?

Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
No, but it would be trivial to write.  What I would do is clone the bboard table as bboard_pending_approval.  You won't have to touch the user pages, and showing pending threads in context on your moderator pages will still be easy b/c all you have to do is join to bboard on refers_to.
Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
*Disclaimer I haven't looked at bboard in a long time*

I hate cloning tables, it generally isn't the right thing to do. Why not just add a field or two with need_moderation_p and whatever else you need.

Sure you have to change a few tcl pages, but when you are done you can send it back to the community.

Collapse
well, if you're anal and want to "do it right" because of some deep-seated masochistic tendencies, then sure.

if you're realistic and realize that the only place your code is going to see the light of day is in 4.x, then you might as well save yourself a few hours -- and the frustration when you miss a place, because you will -- and do it the easy way. :P

(And if someone did come along and say, "Hey, did anyone write a moderation patch for 3.2.5?  I've heavily customized my own but I'd like to add this too," he will have a MUCH easier time patching in your code if you have compartmentalized it away from the "standard" like this rather than trying to MAKE it the standard for some future release that isn't going to happen any time soon.)

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
I don't really want to get into a code discussion, but bad data models are bad data models period. They will come back to bite you also. But, if this is an internal fix do whatever you feel like.
Collapse
too many special-case flags are also a sign of bad datamodeling, just like too many arguments to procedures...