Forum OpenACS Q&A: statistics on aolserver and postgres usage to please the boss

Hi, Well i started a new job, and now may finally have a chance to use openacs (I have tried to implement it at my two previous jobs with no success and end up working on the MS platform). The managers at my school are wearisome that whenever i leave (they have money from a grant for web development for 4 years, but after that won't have the money for me) they won't be able to find people to work on the site. I would like to show them some statistics, but don't know where to look for these statistics:
  • how many websites are backed by MS SQL server versus PostgreSQL?
  • how many people program websites in TCL vs in ASP.NET? (i know there is a large difference here)
I have been trying to tell them that any decent programmer can pick up a new language in little time, but some of the more backwards people technologically don't understand this. How can i convince them that they will find somebody that can learn this system in 3-4 years, when it is obvious that MS with SQL server will be around? (keep in mind that he software for us on MS wouldn't be horrendous because we are academic)...
a simple thing is teach them some tcl/adp/plpgsql.  If you can show them that the language is not the hard part, in this case, it should sooth a lot of their fears.  For example have them make a simple webcounter tag that stores the number in potgress and you callfrom a stored procedure and have the procedure take care of all the incramenting/updating.
You could also point out that learning TCL, can be done in a matter of a long afternoon.

Becoming similarly effective with .NET takes *considerably* more time.

Oh, that and the fact that despite it .NET being quite well known, there are far more TCL developers out there at the moment..
hence less
skill shortage..

Much of the 'so-called' .NET experts out there largely turn out to be people who were fairly sh*t before but have gone to the
extraordinary lengths of attending a three day training course! (But they are MS accredited now... arf!)