Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Walkthrough of Creating, Publishing, and Displaying Content

Hi Randy,

First of read the CR doc.  And the API its a hidden treasure of OpenACS.  You can also try ETP.

Here is how things basically work.

Create a acs_object, and cr_item.  You can then add a acs_object and cr_revision.  Of course all cr_revision must point to a cr_item.  You can also put your items on a special container item called cr_folder.

Normally when publishing just set the cr_item.live_revision to the revision you want to publish. And your queries should query this column to get the correct cr_revisions row. There are some api to get the content out or just select the cr_revisions.content column.

Make sure that you do all of this via CR's api.  Although you can insert the rows manually its not encouraged.  I use to do this but slowly I am also learning to use the CR api.

If you are not in a hurry study the CR and CMS package well.  Don't be like me who rushed on things.  Although in my case I did not have a choice since my job is always fast track this and that.