Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to <b>Release 4.6 Testing</b>

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Torben,

Apologies if you've missed earlier postings on this subject, but I *did* make it very clear that we have a couple of test servers loaned to us by Hub.org that you can use for testing... i.e. we can install and make a package available for you to test on...

Hence you *can* do testing with just a mouse and a browser (oh and maybe a pencil & paper ;).

Hope that helps and thanks for volunteering..

Kjell: I'm just finalising a simple format at the moment. We want to keep it to high level, simple test descriptions... for example.

General Comments Test: Submit a general comment as a registered user, then withdraw the permissions for that user to 'write'. Attempt to post again

Expected Result: User should not be permitted and receive an error message....

Actual Result: Entire system fell over with db_transaction error.. (see log file)

That about all we're aiming for as theses are 'user' or 'acceptance' or 'customer' tests.

The secondary objective is to try and build up a set of reusable test plans, some I'm particularly keen for people to keep a record of tests thats clear and easily repeated...

As you prpbaly know e already have an acceptance test server for recording suc things, and we hope to offer another instance for this cycle.

I'll be in touch nearer the 15th when the release is clarified

Cheers
Simon