Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to groups admin UI - designed by aliens?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi folks,

I have been fighting with these issues for a few days now. I reread the doc's Vinod prepared for programmers, but still fail to see the logic in all this. Would it be possible to get a few demo user scenarios on the new ACS site, that would at least point newbies to the sructure of ACS4. Like Simon pointed out in another post, please concentrate on creating OpenACS4 into a toolkit people with average intelligence can understand, before venturing into yet again more enhancements at server level. It would be greatly apreciated by the users / potential customers of the toolkit.

I noticed a post about the gatekeeperpackage beeing able to run ACS 3 and ACS 4 together. it would be realy usefull, I feel, to have a clear explanation of how to achieve this on the openacs 4 home/pvt welcome page. It doesn't seem right this info is hidden in a bboard posting.

No offence folks, I understand everybody is pressed for time, but without simple things like this ironed out before a new release is published we waste everybodies valuable time. maybe ther is a role in this for a non techie. anyway, i volonteer.