Forum OpenACS Q&A: Classified Ads in 4.x

Collapse
Posted by James Thornton on
What is the current state of the 4.x classified ads module -- I don't
see it listed as a package.
Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
furfly has a version we ported for Oracle a while back;  I need to clean it up and get it ported to Postgres, but it hasn't happened yet.  I figure it will get done in the next couple of months, because I need it on Postgres for a client project myself.

Someone else may be closer to delivering one, but I can't recall seeing any discussion of classifieds for a while.

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Ok, I take that back.  I looked at what we have and although it does work, it doesn't conform to current 4.x style so I guess I won't be releasing that.  Not without a lot of work, anyway.  So sorry, James, no classifieds from us anytime soon.
Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
I may be talking out of the wrong part of my who knows what (and I'm sure Don will correct me really really quickly if I am) but this may be an application of ETP2.

James, do you have a spec for what you need? If it's not that much beyond listings and input forms, than I imagine it can be built, or at least prototyped in ETP2 relatively quickly.

Well, that is to say, you can throw some weight into helping to build ETP2 and then you can build and prototype everything quickly. :)

talli