Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenFTS indexing

Collapse
Posted by James Harris on
I have sucessfully (I think) installed OpenFTS with Postgres 7.2.1 and
added a test posting in the news section to check the search function.
Nothing matches appear in the results when I search for any term in
the news post.

How long should it take for OpenFTS to index new content?  Is there
any way to check and see if it is working?

Collapse
It's now been several hours so I'm pretty confident that it is either not indexing the content or not searching the index properly.  Does anyone have any ideas about trouble shooting OpenFTS?
Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
Check the aolserver error log for entries like this
"Notice: Running scheduled proc search_indexer..." and make sure it is not immediately followed by any errors. search_indexer is a scheduled proc that will run every 30 seconds by default. It queries the table search_observer_queue and will try to index all objects referenced in there.

Have a look into the search_observer_queue table if there are still entries in it.

Try with another package, e.g. notes (that worked last time I looked). Insert a new item and make sure that immediately afterwards it added an entry in the search_observer_queue.

Collapse
There is an error in the error log:

Warning: APM: FtsEngineDriver does not exist

FtsEngineDriver shows up as a correctly installed binding in the Service Contract package manager so I'm not quite sure where to look next.

Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
James, make sure you have enabled the binding between the FtsEngineDriver and openfts-driver.
Collapse
I have that binding enabled.

I just noticed another error in the logs:

warning: ACS-SC: Function Not Found: AcsSc.FtsContentProvider.datasource.news

I had a few problems when I first installed the data model for the Fts package and I'm wondering if this isn't causing me difficulties now.

I've tried to drop the data model and create it again but it seems
there is no easy way to do this.