Forum OpenACS Development: (design question about) ETP v. ACS news package

I have been making some mods to the ACS news package (and some derivatives I coded for some other functions we needed) to enable the following function:

Once someone has submitted a news story, only the editor is allowed to revise it before it is published. Sometimes the submitter knows of a change that needs to be made even before the editor reviews it. Make the system allow the submitter to revise the news submission before the editor (and, of course, do not allow the submitter to publish the news item).

This is a type of pseudo-editor (or admin) capability. I have never used ETP, but I know that it can be used to provide a similar function to that provided by the news module. So my question is: Does ETP currently (or can it be made to) provide this type of pseudo-admin access to submissions, prior to editor review and (release to) publication?.

I was not sure where I should post questions about ETP. I post here in the hope that Talli or Lars can answer this one easily.

TIA.

Regards..

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Roger,

I think you might be better of customizing the news packages.  As ETP only have 2 rights.  Either you can read or write (admin).  Also ETP has no concept of users submitting articles.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Jun,

ETP has all the basic rights of acs-objects including create, read, write, delete, admin. Still there is no built in way to do this ETP currently.

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Dave,

Sorry about the misunderstanding.  What I meant was ETP only checks for the write access.