Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to dev.openacs.org - please test/review

Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on

On a subject of long messages -- if boxed presentation is what the design is trying to achieve, then maybe using <div>s could help? Wrapping post itself in one, then header/body/footer into a sub-<div>s?.. Something along these lines:

Folks, for those of you more familiar with xmlrpc, soap, and their various implementations for AOLserver or Tcl, I have a question for you:

Say I have AOLserver or tclsh process A, and an entirely seperate AOLserver process B. Is there any way for me to have process A call a Tcl function running in process B?

Security issues and the like aside, it would be very cool if I could have process A make an arbitrary Tcl function call to B, and have it all work pretty much the way any normal Tcl function call would work, so that most of my code in A wouldn't even have to know that it's doing a remote rather than local function call.

Would XMLRPC or SOAP let me doing something like that? Or is there any any other tool that would make this feasible? And what would I have to do to make it work? Thanks!

Also a large post with many comments may become a very big rendering burden if presented asa single monolithic table.