Forum OpenACS Q&A: New to OpenACS?

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Questions

• I'm new to OpenACS, how can I familiarise myself?
  • I'm a non-techy, but how can I get up to speed with the general priciples and software
  • I'm a newbie, inexperienced but real keen. How can I make a useful contribution to this project?

And the answer is................

ACS Acceptance Testing

Yes, not only is it more fun than a bag full of badgers, its also the best way to get involved, get started and get productive!

Early next week (assuming the release goes to schedule) we'll be kicking off an acceptance test phase, and I'm looking for people to help us out.

This time round we're going to make things simpler, easier and hopefully better overall. Jon and I are putting a simpler recording facility in place, and by next week Jon will have a couple of test installations made available for those of you who need a little help getting started.

We're also going to let the test recording reflect experience, effort and coverage, so everyone can get a good feel for the results and assess them properly.

So.....

If you can answer yes to:

• I can read
  • I can use a mouse and a keyboard
  • I can follow instructions
  • I'm mad keen and motivated
  • I enjoy being the scourge of dodgy code, wherever it may hide.

The We Need You.....

Any more volunteers, please mail me and let me know (simon@open-msg.com)

Also, if you're a newbie/non-tech who would like us make packages available over the net for you to test with, please let Jon know as soon as possible, so he can plan his time (cos I won't pay him otherwise ;)... (jon@open-msg.com)

Warmest regards

Simon

Collapse
Posted by Luigi Martini on
I'm here, you know: in the fist row  😊
Collapse
Posted by ranjeet utikar on
count on me too..
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
I'm available, too.