Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to OpenForce's commitment to the OpenACS free software community

Exactly how is Open Force's refusal to take part in dotLRN governance going to help the community regain confidence in your company and your ability to be an effective leader?

I'm feeling very dense today. Could you please help me dot the i's and cross the t's? I can't help but think that either I'm a congenital idiot or you've made an incredibly stupid decision that you should reconsider in light of your company's commitment to the OpenACS free software community.

We know and appreciate that many others have contributed quite a lot, too. OpenForce did not single-handedly make OpenACS into what it is today.
Gee, thanks, Ben. I for one know for certain that OpenForce did not single-handedly make OpenACS into what it is today. It's even possible that I, along with several others, have contributed "quite a lot" more than "quite a lot" into making it what it is today. In addition there are a couple of dozen others who have contributed "quite a lot".

An attitude shift in the direction of humbleness on the part of Open Force, and a willingness to apologize for certain missteps, would do a lot more to improve your relationship with the community and, I dare say, Sloan/MIT than this post of yours.