Forum OpenACS Q&A: Designer pool

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi folks, We now have 5298 registered users, and getting an average of 5 new ones daily. I feel it's important to know a bit more about them so we can move forward and help eachother more effectively.

1. It may be usefull in which countries users are living/working 2. Are you available to help others, and if so at which business conditions. ( cash, barter or other).

Maybe I am the only "fool" on board fighting with relatively simple issues like this one. (easy if you are qualified I mean)... I need to get the default index page of openaACS changed into something like this I have looked at CCS (and fail to understand it), and also have no experience with ADP. I am sure there are people outthere that could create something like this easily, but where are you folks?

cheers

Collapse
2: Response to Designer pool (response to 1)
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Ben,

I'm a bit confused by you post. What exactly is your question? Is this a call for developers to bid on a project? Are you looking for (free) community support to customize your home page for you? Please clarify if you could.

/Bart

Collapse
3: Response to Designer pool (response to 1)
Posted by defunct defunct on
Ben,

I think I know what your asking, and if you want someone to do this kind of work for you I (OpenMSG) are more than happy to help.

We're a consultancy, so it a cash job. Let me know some more details, but basically your looking at about £400-500 a day for a one of my consultants, or about £900 a day if you want someone senior like my good self....

Cheers

Simon

Collapse
4: Response to Designer pool (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi Bart,

At present it's more a general question (using my own page as an example), following up on Maltes ideas 2 months ago about bidding for work. I just feel it would be usefull for new OpenACS users to know who is available for this kind of work. After all not everybody looking at OACS solutions has a programming background.

Collapse
5: Response to Designer pool (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Ben,

Are you looking for something like this?

https://openacs.org/companies

There is a link on the home page: If you need help with OpenACS etc...

There is a new database backed company section over at http://dev.openacs.org/community/companies/ for anyone who wants to add their company. There isn't really an edit function, but email me if you need to change your company's entry.