Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to PostgreSQL driver

Collapse
Posted by Scott Goodwin on
Postgres driver: great! Let me know who needs access via their SF username and I'll add them to the committer's list. Then I'll work with whoever to import the latest OpenACS-hosted copy.

Oracle driver: lot's of discussion about this driver about a month or two ago. I don't have any way to test the driver, but I will research the previous discussions and see if I can identify a good "baseline" nsora and import it, then update it with patches from changes that people have been making to it. I may need some help here -- once I have the baseline checked in, if someone could take the lead on getting the changes that are out there integrated, let me know and we can work together on it. My role would be to make sure the nsora CVS code is tagged after each patch is applied to make it easier to get the older revisions if necessary, and to generate the release files.

As for Windows and the aD version support in AOLserver, I do believe that SF can be the place to do this. Could we import or create AOLserver Windows version and AOLserver ArsDigita version into CVS as modules? Both versions could track the core server. At least they would be easily available from and developed at one central point, which would make it easier for AOL's dev team to see and potentially integrate some of it.

I agree that SF tools aren't the best, but getting the code centrally located and managed from one CVS tree, cleaning up the code base, standardizing how the modules work, documenting the development process and coding style etc. will go a long way to improving what I see as the best application server out there.