Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Sould we add acs-automated-testing into acs-core?

Hi Folks, My plan was to integrate acs-automated-testing with the core system for the 4.6 release. I've quite spectacularly missed this deadline, and am now aiming to get this into the 4.7 release. The plan is:

1. Store all tests in the /tcl/test directory.
2. Modify the bootstrapper to source these files if a)Acs-automated-testing is installed, and b) An acs-automated-testing package exists with a "source-tests" flag set.

The current interface allows one to browse and run tests based around package-key's, and also provide some basic forms of categorizing tests. I have no plans to provide functionality for running tests at server startup. My thinking is that although you'd hope tests should be written to run standalone (i.e, leave the system in exactly the same state as it was before the test was ran), this is a dangerous assumption to make. Perhaps I should create a category called "startup", which marks those tests that should be run...... Also we might want to consider than some tests might be written for performance testing. Wouldn't want those run during startup.

Whats the estimated release date for 4.7 again????