Forum OpenACS Q&A: Chart package

Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Am I the only one who might have a use for package, that could generate charts / graphics (as pictures, i.e. gif/jpg/png) from data? It could use tgdchart or some similar service.

I myself would need it for a training diary package to make charts of weekly etc. hours, but I could imagine it could be helpful as well when making wimpypoint presentations etc.

Of course I could make my training diary package to use tgdchart directly, but I think it would not be as helpful for the community/system as a whole.

Collapse
2: Response to Chart package (response to 1)
Posted by Andrei Popov on
It would be nice, of course. Something similar to JPGraph in simplicity would be nice...
Collapse
3: Response to Chart package (response to 1)
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Do a search on the bboards. We've discussed this in a previous thread and many AOLserver-ready solutions were discussed.
Collapse
4: Response to Chart package (response to 1)
Roberto, true -- and I was the one to raise the latest in the series as a question (and thanks for your answer(s) too).  I guess that Jarkko's point is, however, that a more generic-OACS solution could be nice.  Somenthing that could be easily integrated, for example, with survey package.  Or dot{WRK|ORG|LRN}.
Collapse
5: Response to Chart package (response to 1)
Roberto,

Another thing -- a patched tgdchart that you've put in new-file-storage failes to download.  It constantly gets truncated to 1491 bytes.

Collapse
6: Response to Chart package (response to 1)
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Roberto,

I meant exactly what Andrei said. I could think encapsulating graphing inside a package of use, instead of everyone just using tgdchart directly in an ad hoc manner.

But, I'm not experienced enough with OACS to say if it in the end was wothwhile. That's why I asked your opinions here :o)

Collapse
7: Re: Chart package (response to 1)
Posted by zara norman on
Collapse
8: Re: Chart package (response to 1)
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
Try Chart Director with nschartdir.
Collapse
9: Re: Chart package (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
I case you don't know there is a diagram package for OpenACS that generates Javascript based diagrams.