Forum OpenACS Development: Response to QD_LOGGER logs debug message yet all debug parameters are Off

At last, the root of this problem has been found. As I mentioned earlier this problem is not limited to the QD_LOGGER alone. It affects all log messages and rightfully demands attention. That it took so long to find a solution is because it was a hard one to track down.

The problem is caused by a combination of Search-OpenFTS-tcl (all versions) and nscache (all versions). Here is what happens:

1. nscache.so gets loaded and messes with the way tcl files are sourced. Not only are the usual tcl files in aolserver/modules/tcl sourced but now the tcl files in /usr/local/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-x are source too! Why? Beats me!
  2. I don't know exactly when and in which order the tcl files are sourced but what is clear is that the tcl files in /usr/local/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-x are sourced before the ns_log command exists and ns_log gets redefined. Note that the tcl files in /usr/local/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-x are identical copies of the fts stuff in aolserver/modules/tcl. And that fts_index.tcl -which redefines ns_log- does check for the ns_log command to see if it should roll its own ns_log proc.

The current workaround is to remove the fts_*.tcl files from /usr/local/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-x.

/Bart