Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Two levels multirow

Collapse
5: Re: Two levels multirow (response to 4)
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
Brian and community,

I found a solution to the problem. I've added photo_id obtained in the first (outter) multirow, to the second (inner) multirow.

That why I'm able to validate and display the elements of the "inner" multirow depedding on the id matching conditional.

#TCL
template::multirow create photos id name thumb

template::multirow create categories_mapped photo_id category_id name value

#ADP
if categories_mapped.photo_id eq photos.id

See the entire example at pastebin.com:
pastebin.com/JxG4Wmhs

The question now is: is there a better approach?

Best wishes,

Collapse
6: Re: Two levels multirow (response to 5)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
wouldn't it be easier to extend the "photos" multirow from Tcl by an extra attribute for the categories, which is used in the adp for rendering the matching categories information?
Collapse
7: Re: Two levels multirow (response to 6)
Yes, if I didn't have to add category names, ids and values dynamically, in several input text fields, such as the one below. Because of it, two nested loops are required still. Perhaps, I don't visualize your approach in order to implement it.

I'm going to play a bit more using your tip and burn more neurons out! :)

input type="text" id="mailto:cat_@categories_mapped.category_id@" name="mailto:cat_@categories_mapped.category_id@" value="@categories_mapped.value@"

Gustaf,
I've tried that one too, as in the sample bellow. categories element as a list of lists with 3 elements each. But then, looping over those elements in the same main & unique loop (foreach statement) would be tough.

template::multirow create photos id name thumb categories

foreach category_id [category_tree::get_categories -tree_id $tree_id] {
set value [db_string select_value {
SELECT value
FROM ee_photo_category_map
WHERE category_id = :category_id AND photo_id = :photo_id
} -default ""]

multirow append photos $photo_id $photo(caption) $photo(thumb_image_id) {$photo_id $category_id $name $value}

My code just doesn't seem simple and clean. But that's just about a "feeling"

Best wishes,

Collapse
8: Re: Two levels multirow (response to 7)
"mailto" in the string above was a TYPO included automatically by OACS Forum source code

input type="text" id="mailto:cat_@categories_mapped.category_id@" name="mailto:cat_@categories_mapped.category_id@" value="@categories_mapped.value@"