Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Request for Comments and Discussion: Building a Leaner, Meaner OpenACS with MIST

Roberto,

As you probably know I *rarely* post flames of any kind. But I reserve my right as a member of this community to express my opinion and respond to posts.

As you will see I have commented on the technical aspects and the architectural ones, but given that Ben's original document was a proposition based on a number of his observations/arguments, I am also going to comment on that.

I certainly resent your apparent 'chastisement' of my posting. I put a lot of time (and company money/resources) into helping out here and I for one am not going to sit quietly whilst Ben using derogatory, dimissive and frankly bloody innacurate descriptions of the current state of OpenACS. *That* is certianly no help to anyone, and very damaging if it gives off the wrong picture of the current state. These BBoards are not mere soapboxes for Ben (or anyone else) and I'm sure he understands that.

But hopefully now I'm sure Ben will have taken the comments on board and we can now stick to discussing the actual substance of his proposition. In which I must add I am very much interested.