Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Request for Comments and Discussion: Building a Leaner, Meaner OpenACS with MIST

I am not active member of the community, I have not contributed. However, I've taken interest since 01 (you can check my profile). And I've been testing aD in 2000 for my company. So, if you find me imposing, I apologize. On the othe hand, it is made a public discussion, so you have to bear with me.

I think Ben courageously takes the initiative and tries to put focus on architecture and strategy. He probably doesn't need my defence, but his approach will take OpenACS further. Seriously, further. To enterprise-class application level where it deservingly belongs.

But the attitude I see in this forum makes me feel this is PHPNuke. So many modules, all the hackers happy, plenty of politics... For God's sake - what is this: "Since Don has been leading the project, you're really criticizing him..."? This is the level of discussion at OpenACS today? Are new ideas welcome at all? Are you developing political correctness or software?