Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Request for Comments and Discussion: Building a Leaner, Meaner OpenACS with MIST

Oh, I forgot to mention that I imagined that OpenForce would contribute resources to the implementation of MIST.  I understood that as clearly as I understood Ben's non-too-subtle swipes at me.

However ... I'd much prefer that for 4.7 we coherently try to prioritize shortcomings and problems in the toolkit, encourage people to make proposals for work on the toolkit they're interested in pursuing, to try to set a rough schedule for code freeze and testing, and to then - as a team - finalize a set of things we want to accomplish in this release.

And I'd then prefer that OpenForce work as part of the team to make sure that work items that make the cut for 4.7 actually get done.  A distribution tool like MIST may or may not survive a prioritization process for 4.7 (or 4.8 or 4.9 or ...).  Actually I'd prefer we set forth problems and prioritize them first ("bug fixes", as Jeff Davis mentions, is high on my list; so is "scalability", still an issue) and explore proposals to solve them afterwards.

Software projects need to be carried forward in a disciplined manner.